Search This Blog

Monday, February 7, 2011

5 years seems so long ago...

     It has been 5 yrs since my daughter was born and it seems just like yesterday.  It saddens me to see her growing so fast.  It was only yesterday I brought her home and now is seems as though time has slipped away.  I tried time and time again to capture and recapture those loving memories.  But still they slip through!  I remember so much but yet without pictures or others memories I have lost all that was intended to be remembered.   My heart about broke the other day as I hugged her and she requested me to let go.  Her independence is strong and her opinions are starting to count.  It is funny watching kids as they grow.  They know more than you.  Are smarter than you.  And can even show you how to do things that you never knew.  I am shocked at how much they learn and so fast.  Seraphina (my daughter) is only 5 and navigates the internet, plays video games, and even orders movies on netflix.  How is it possible that kids can learn so fast?  She is very smart and quick witted.  I am way in over my head as it is but can only imagine how she will be in another 5 to 10 years.  I can wait but will enjoy each new thing she does as she grows.  Being a mom is great but watching them grow is a gift from God.  I am lucky to have 4 of my own and one of them is yet another year older!

No comments:

Post a Comment